Where to find a real Christmas tree in Cambridge
It’s time to start planning for Christmas and there is a lot of fun to be had, especially after the last few months. So, what better way to start the festivities than with a gorgeous real Christmas tree that will brighten up a room and raise even the lowest of spirits? I hope you are able to share the magic of Christmas with family and friends (within the Government approved window of opportunity), and the traditions that come with it. With the last nine months delivering so much hardship and bad news, I hope that the short festive season will bring some sparkle, laughter and joy to all our lives.
Buy local & support your community
The list that we have recommended represent local independent businesses. Phoenix Milton and Darwin Nurseries fund charities that support young adults with learning disabilities, and the Stable Blooms will donate £3 from the sale of every tree to the Lymphoma Charity at Addenbrookes. We have included Milton Road PTA, a local primary school. (We would have included St Paul’s PTA, but their trees are so popular they have already sold out!)
Local farm shops are a great place to source your trees but if you wish to go a little further afield you can enhance the experience by making a whole day of it. For example, at the Parsonage Farm Christmas Tree Experience, you choose your tree from the plantation and watch as it is cut down, netted and popped in your car: it doesn’t get fresher than that, and wellies are a must!
Wherever you get your tree, I hope you have hours of fun decorating it, and if you are able to spend a little more on an authentic tree, enjoy the scent of spruce or fir in your homes.
The places listed have either started their sales of Christmas trees or are opening up on the 27th or 28th of November. Most offer free local delivery and all take seriously the COVID-19 rules, so if you are collecting in person, do remember your mask and confirm the method of payment in advance.
20 independent places to buy a real Christmas tree in Cambridge
- Les Ward Greengrocers & Florist and – Arbury Court – Delivery & collection – Call 01223 353799
- Scotsdales Nursery & Garden Centre – Great Shelford, Fordham & Horningsea – Local delivery & collection
- Cam Home & Garden – Milton Road, Call 01223 660685 or email@example.com – Free local delivery
- Radmore Farm Shop – Chesterton – Home delivery
- Swavesey Lawnmower Services Ltd – Call 01954-204466 – Free local delivery
- Milton Road PTA – Email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org and state your preferred delivery slot from – Payment by cash or card on delivery
- Swaffham Christmas Trees – Local delivery or book a slot for collection
- Phoenix Milton – Or call 01223 420669 to place an order
- Parsonage Farm Cambridge Christmas Tree Experience – Choose your tree – Sat & Sun 10am – 4pm just turn up
- Elveden Courtyard Christmas Trees – Thetford
- Buxhall Farm Christmas Trees – Contact email@example.com or text 07973 499969 – Free delivery in Histon and Impington
- Darwin Nurseries – Teversham
- Burwash Manor Farm – Local delivery £9
- Gog Magog Farmshop – Shelford Bottom – Collection only
- The Queen’s Head – Harston – from 27th Nov
- Warrilows Xmas trees – Cottenham – Call 07752200612 – Delivery only & collection to dispose of afterwards
- Waterbeach – Call 07989 445726
- The Stable Blooms – Free delivery 16 miles from Arrington – Call 01223 208358 – donating to Addenbrookes
- Hilary’s Wholesale (Corner of Mill Road & Catherine Street CB1) – Collection only
- MacKays of Cambridge – East Road – Delivery and collection
And there’s more…..
Rectory Farm Shop – Milton – Click & Collect or local delivery – Call 01223 860374
Register your tree for collection
JustHelping will collect and recycle your real Christmas tree and raise money for your hospice and other local charities. Register here
Share the magic of Christmas with #ScusemeXmasTree
How do you decorate your tree? Are you colour coordinated, eclectic, or do you let the kids go wild with the tinsel? Why not share a picture of your decorated tree on any of our social media platforms using the #ScusemeXmasTrees. We’d love to see and share the magic of Christmas.
Dawn Giesler, is the founder of scuseme Cambridge, an online marketplace that helps your family run smoothly. She has lived in Cambridge for over 20 years and offers advice based on her own experiences. For more information about all the services and tradespeople they recommend, visit scuseme
If you would like to hear more from scuseme including helpful links and local advice, you can subscribe here